Sunday, March 25, 2012

I couldn't resist.

Hunger Games Coffee? I saw this at Target Starbucks yesterday and I couldn't resist :)
Saw The Hunger Games last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was one of the few book-based movies in recent memory where I didn't walk out disappointed about omissions. I could have done without the punky little 12 year olds behind us talking - or the stink eye from their mom when we told them to shut the hell up - CONTROL YOUR DAMN CHILDREN IN A MOVIE THEATRE YOU MORON. But after we threatened to get the usher they finally got the hint.

Did you read the Hunger Games? Have you seen the movie yet?

3 comments:

  1. I've only read the first book so far (I'm waiting for the hardcover trilogy to come in the mail), and I really liked the movie. I felt like they did a lot of things really well: the wall of fire, the Capitol, the muttations. There were a few things I was disappointed in -- like how quickly you-know-who died on the Cornucopia, and how they skipped over a few things -- but I was pretty pleased.

    I think what excited me the most was when, during the Twilight trailer, the whole audience started cracking up at the shot of Bella as a vampire. I yelled out, "Yay, I'm so glad I'm among people who read real books!" Heh.

    The actress who played Katniss was spot on, and the special effects were good without being over-the-top. Now I just want my books to hurry up and get to my house! I was going to buy the trilogy at the store, but the lady at customer service found that it would be cheaper if I ordered them through the store and had them shipped to my house. I was totally okay with waiting... until the waiting actually started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the movie yet, but plan to soon, hopefully. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read the Hunger Games. But it's quite typical of me to avoid anything that goes mainstream. I don't know why. I don't think I'm essentially that much of a hipster. I guess I find it annoying when something is being hyped like that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...